Friday, May 13, 2011

Comic Books of the Week (5/11/11) part 1

Another big haul this week so I'm breaking it up. Let's go "green" first:

Green Arrow #11 - this one came out two weeks ago but my shop got shorted. Got it finally yesterday. This is the final GA issue in the Brightest Day arc. The art by Neves and Cifuentes was very nice - this is a really good looking book. I am glad J.T. Krul kept the story mostly focused on Green Arrow (it is his book after all). But I felt it was all sort of cut short as it had to feed into the final issue of Brightest Day. I am interested to see where the book goes next issue.

Green Lantern Emerald Warriors #9 - also from two weeks ago, also delayed to our shop. Part six of the "War of the Green Lanterns" arc. I liked this issue a lot. Tomasi is moving the story along well. I liked how the rings seem to be effecting the guys a bit. The art by Pasarin was nice mostly through out. I like the double-page spread on 2 and 3. Enjoying this arc a lot as it has room to move (ten parts across three monthly titles).

Batman: the Brave and the Bold #7 - an early adventure of Batman teams him up with the golden-age Green Lantern (Alan Scott). Rich Burchett and Dan Davis really captured the feel just right. Always enjoy their work. Sholly Fisch penned a nice tale too - it fit well with the continuity of the cartoon. I also liked the return of the "upfront" mission (of sorts). I miss that aspect in the book. It is part of the show, it should be part of the book.

No comments: