Monday, March 21, 2011

Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time (2010)


Yesterday afternoon while scrolling through On-Demand, I ran across the 2010 films Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time which starred Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Ben Kingsley, and Alfred Molina. I remembered the trailers and thought it was interesting at the time, but never saw it in the theatres. Since all I had to invest was time (it was a free flick on Starz HD), I gave it a go.

This is a Jerry Bruckheimer film and it had lots of those elements to it: lots of action, exotic locals, and the potential for a franchise (think Pirates of the Carribean or National Treasure). In some ways, it even had the feel of a live action Aladdin for me.

The story itself was typical fantasy-adventure fare. I bought into the plot and loved the element of the dagger/sands-of-time. The ending was fairly predictable but really how else would the story go? It worked for me. It definitely was a good way to unwind on a Sunday afternoon and worth checking out if you like these sorts of films (as I do).

No comments: