Friday, November 23, 2007

Sleeping In

You know what's nice on a day off? Sleeping in.

On normal work days, my alarm is set to go off at 4:50am. I usually snooze it twice and am up by 5:15am. So, on weekends and days off from work like today, I don't have to set the alarm and can just get up whenever. That usually means I get to sleep in until 7am or 7:30am.

What? You thought I was going to say sleep until noon. I haven't done that in decades. Back in college when I came home on break, I'd sleep until maybe 11am, but that was usually because I was out with my friends until 3am. No, these days the only way I'm in bed late into the morning is if I am sick or something.

For me, I just feel like I waste so much of the day if I'm not up reasonably early. I get a lot done in those morning hours.

Now, I'm not against the occasional afternoon nap, but that's another story for another time.

No comments: