Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recent Commercials

As a DVR user, I typically don't catch a lot of commercials. Though, sometimes when we're out for wings at Buffalo Wild Wings where they have a lot of sports on big TV's on around the place, you can't help but see a few ads. Here are two of my favorite current ones:

1) A car commercial with a guy driving down a country highway, windows and sun roof open. He's singing along to Andy Kim's "Rock Me Gently" on the radio when a squirrel jumps in the passenger seat and starts to sing along (yes, a cute CGI done thing). Now, I won't spoil the rest of the commercial but I find it fun and funny every time.

2) Another car commercial with two guys driving in one guy's new car. The driver is showing off the voice activated systems that allow it to play his MP3 files. Again, I won't spoil it for those not having seen it.

What do these two commercials have in common?

No, not the car products. I can't even tell you what cars they were advertising. Honestly, I didn't care. I'm not in the market for a car so why would I take notice.

Nope, what stuck with me was the use of older popular music. I guess I'm in a music mindset right now so that's what catches me. Go figure.

No comments: