Thursday, June 19, 2008

Comics of the Week (6/18/08) part 2

Turns out the shop got the books in today after all. Here's the rest of this week's items:

Showcase Presents: the Flash volume 2 - this one includes b/w reprints of the Flash #120 (from 1961) all the way through #140 (from late 1963). This includes the famous "Flash of Two Worlds" from #123 which is the first Earth-1/Earth-2 crossover tale. Given how much I love the Flash's Rogues Gallery, this is a must have for my reprint library collection. Glad to see it.

Tangent: Superman's Reign #4 (of 12) - the story unfolds still slowly as more of the JLA from "new Earth" are brought over to the Tangent Earth. That world's Superman gains an upperhand, and all hell is about to break loose. I am enjoying it though I wish the pace would pick up a little bit.


the Brave and the Bold #14 - teaming up Green Arrow with Deadman is a perfect concept. Mark Waid shows why this works so well too. This is part 1 of a multi-part tale, and it ends on a shocking note! Where are we going now? I trust Mark Waid to take us for a good ride. As long as the book continues with interesting pairings, I'm sticking around.

No comments: