Wednesday, April 2, 2008

American Idol 2008 - Top 9 Performances

Dolly is in the house! Yes, I've always enjoyed Dolly Parton - her music, her personality, etc. Never been to Dollywood (yet) even though we live only a couple hours away now. I like that she had positive things to say about the performers and was enthusiastic.

As for performances, interesting week. I found that the girls faired the worst - surprising since Dolly wrote songs for herself, a woman, to sing. I think a lot of the girls fell into the trap of singing known songs, thus ripe for comparisons.

Top three for me: David Cook, David Archuleta and Michael Johns

Middle three for me: Brooke White, Carly Smithson and Kristy Lee Cook

Bottom three for me: Jason Castro, Ramiele Maluby and Syesha Mercado (she never should have gone the Whitney comparison route - it will be the end for her in doing that too often).

Going home: I think Syesha, but if last week was any indication I could be totally off base with the bottom three entirely.

No comments: