Friday, January 25, 2008

Comics of the Week (1/23/08)

Countdown to Final Crisis #14 - Superman-Prime enters the fray on Earth-51, Donna Troy gets some followers and Jason Todd gets a new costume. The battle continues in the war between Monarch and the Monitors, and I am glad to see the writing team really focus on this big event which has been building since the start of the series. The villain origin pages in back are of Gorilla Grodd.

Countdown to Mystery #5 - the Eclipso tale takes the lead and more pages this issue again. I am glad of that as I am enjoying it much more than the Dr. Fate segment of the book. I'd love to see Eclipso back in his own title full-time if it is done with this much quality.

Teen Titans #55 - much more a soap-opera issue this time out. I guess we needed the "downtime" after the big epic we just finished, but I wasn't all that impressed. Too much "seen that before" to wow me. I'm considering dropping this title in the next six months if it doesn't pick up.


Book of the week - Teen Titans Go! #51. As the cover shows, we get some past history of Terra and the introduction of Geo-Force into the animated Titans universe. I think that's pretty cool and hope we see more of him in the future. The character design looks nice in this format. Once again, Todd Nauck does an outstanding job on the art chores. This book is what comics should be - fun.

No comments: