Monday, October 8, 2007

TV Shuffle

A few weeks into the new Fall Season, and already we have some changes in our viewing habits. Let's review.

Dropped...

Back To You, while funny in the pilot, has left us pretty cold after the second and third episodes. My wife said after viewing the taped show from last week "you can drop recording this one unless you are enjoying it". Since she was the one that wanted to watch the show anyway, it got dropped.

Survivor: China was also cast-off. While I was okay on the pilot, I just felt I had too much TV viewing going on during the week that I was not focusing on other things. Given I was never a hardcore Survivor fan anyway (I missed nearly every season between the first and All-Stars), I gave it up.

Added...

VH-1 debuted a new Sunday night show last night: America's Most Smartest Model. Yes, the title is indeed grammatically incorrect, and that's part of the point. See, you have all these gorgeous contestants who are either models or aspire to be. But the kicker is, can they model and be quizzed at the same time? Sounds boring. Did I mention one of the key panelists is Ben Stein? Now I've got your attention. Yup, Ben Stein - brilliant and sarcastic. We love Ben Stein in our house, all the way back to Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If Ben's involved, we're willing to give it a watch. This is perfect no-brainer (okay, maybe some brainer as the questions and mental portions can be challenging - for the contestants) for an end-of-the-weekend, just before bed show on Sunday nights.

1 comment:

Michael O'Connell said...

Dave has one more episode for me, I think. MAYBE two. It's just not hooking me, and it's trying too hard to be funny and quirky instead of actually being funny and quirky. We'll see. And I loved the Reaper pilot, but episode two let me down. We'll see how that one goes. Sticking with Bionic Woman, but again, not too sure about episode two. For some reason, though, I'm just really, really into Journeyman. I dig that show a bunch.

Can't wait for "Battlestar Galactica: Razor" next month! And the final season this winter. And still haven't lost my craving for Lost. Can't wait.