Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday

Did you dare venture to the shopping mall or other retail outlets yesterday?

We didn't - or at least not at the crack of dawn. First, what's up with all these folks hitting stores at 5am or 4am or (as some of the malls in Charlotte did near us) midnight? Yes, they had amazing doorbuster deals at those hours, but is that enough to lose sleep over? Not for me.

We actually started some of our Christmas shopping online on Thanksgiving night. We ordered from Amazon.com a number of things for our son and our nephews, all from the comfort of the couch. And then we put in another order from Dell, again from the couch. No fuss, no crowds, no lines, no out of stocks.

On Friday morning, instead, we hit the YMCA for a morning workout. I'm happy to report that even with the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws, I managed to not add any weight (wooohooo). After the workout, we came back home to shower and change. Then we went out to lunch, and then we hit the mall.

Yup, even at 1pm it was still swamped, but there were signs of the crowds thinning. After a couple hours and getting a few more gifts knocked, we went over to the plaza with Best Buy. Didn't buy anything but were happy to find decent parking. Last year that place was a madhouse all day.

Today we're looking to hit shopping some in Charlotte to try and finish up the holiday gift hunt. It would be nice to be able to kick back and relax, knowing we have no gift pressure for a few weeks as we finalize our holiday plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know,this was the first time I've ever gone out on Black Friday.

I was told by my mom that she wanted two Wiis for my brothers' families. Why we had to go out at five am was beyond me, but my brother-in-law and I (you could only get one each) went out and stood in a small line and got the darn things and you know what? Since I was from Chicago and still on that time it was pretty much on my schedule anyways.

NOT that I ever want to do that again, but it was a pretty good experience.

KC