Monday, July 1, 2013

Book Review: The Rockin' Chair

A broad painting of a family at a crossroad, The Rockin' Chair is the latest novel by Steven Manchester.

While this novel opens with the death of Grandpa John's wife, there is also much reflection (through the use of flashbacks) on the past events of three generations of the McCarthy family. The summoning of the flock home leads to facing past memories, some good and some bad, and how fences can be mended before it is too late.


I am not sure this was the right novel for me at this time. I am facing our only child getting ready to head off to college; my wife and I are about to start our empty-nesting phase. For me, it is a time for new, exciting beginnings for all of us.

However, I do think this might be a good read for those who are facing difficult times in their own lives. It can provide an inspiration to address things long buried before it is too late to do so.

Steven Manchester is the published author of the #1 best seller, Twelve Months (click here for my review of that novel). His website can be found at http://www.StevenManchester.com. He is also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/AuthorStevenManchester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I've been meaning to read this book! ^-^