Thursday, March 13, 2008

American Idol 2008 - Top 12 Results

Well, I was three for three in picking the bottom three as announced last night (Syesha, Kristy Lee and David Hernandez). I had thought the country girl was going home but instead David Hernandez left the show.

I'm not surprised. The scandal of his male-lap-dancing past that came into the news last week surely effected his voting fanbase. I also think his performance this week lacked a lot of conviction. It almost seemed like he wanted to get out of the spotlight after all the negative press he was getting. I don't blame him. He has a good voice and some talent. I am sure he'll find some career success after having this platform to introduce him to the world.

In other news, FOX was heavily pushing Horton Hears A Who on Idol last night - giving Jim Carey lots of face time. Other noted folks in the audience last night - Sanjaya! Oh, and Kathrine McPhee was back to sing. Ah, FOX, the house of cross promotion. Gotta love you. So, when is Bones coming back?

No comments: