Sunday, December 2, 2007

Finally Checking It Out

I went to the local library yesterday after a workout at the YMCA and was just browsing through the shelves for something to checkout. There, among the graphic novels, was something I had actually never gotten around to reading or buying in 20+ years. I had heard a lot about it, of course. Many consider it a pinacle of comic-storytelling. I guessed after all this time I figured I should check it out. After all, using the library, it wasn't going to cost me anything but the investment of time.

What am I referring to?

Watchmen. I'll let you know what I think when I finish it in a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've.

Never.

Read.

Watchmen.



::sigh::


Seriously, you are in for a fun read. It takes a couple of readings to catch everything, but I like the book. Didn't think it was quite the all-beans that some folks did but still, was a damn good read.

At least now you'll get all the allusions to it people make! :)

KC

Martin Maenza said...

KC, I definitely get all the allusions now. While I thought it was okay, I wasn't as "wowed" as I expected to be. Ah well. Maybe I wasn't the target audience.