Friday, August 7, 2009

DVD review - Buffy season 7 episodes 7 and 8

Continuing my viewing/reviewing of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7 (final season)....

SPOILERS

B7-7: Conversations with Dead People (written by Espenson and Goddard, airdate 11/12/02)
B7-8: Sleeper (written by Espenson and Fury, airdate 11/19/02)

These two episodes are very much a divide and conqueor attempt on the gang. First, the girls (Buffy, Willow and Dawn) are all messed with by dead people they knew (in one way or another). Then Spike is used by a dark force to kill others and set Buffy up in a trap. Oh, and Jonathan and Andrew return to town, only Andrew sees the ghost of Warren and is tricked into sacrificing Jonathan on an ancient seal under the school. Dark evil is a coming.

I'm kind of only lukewarm on these two. Sure it is teasing into the bigger season plot, but I don't like when the gang is picked on one-by-one. They are best when they have their strength together. I guess this big-evil knows that. Its the interplay between the group that I enjoy the most. Seperate them and it flounders, for me. Ah well.

No comments: