Friday, June 6, 2008

You, Me, and Dupree


I was just flipping around the guide last night on the tv and happened to see the 2006 film You, Me, and Dupree was starting on one of the HD movie channels. I flipped it over and got instantly sucked into this comedy starring Owen Wilson, Matt Dillon, Kate Hudson and Michael Douglas. In case you hadn't heard of it, a newlywed couple back from their honeymoon (Dillon and Hudson) soon learn their best man from the wedding (Wilson) is homeless. They take him in for "a few days" but we all know how that goes. If the pressures at home weren't bad enough, the husband has issues starting with his employer/father-in-law (Douglas).

It was an okay film - not best of the best but certainly not lousy. Would I have enjoyed it as much if I paid to see it in a theatre? Probably not. Was it worth the 110 minutes I spent watching it? I think so. I laughed out loud a number of times. The humor was not so vulgar that I was embarrassed to be watching it (like some recent comedies I've seen). It had its charming moments too.

I'd give it three stars out of five. Nice middle of the road.

No comments: