Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love the...

I have to admit that I am a huge fan of VH-1's I Love the... series. To date, they've done the 70's twice, the 80's three times and the 90's once. Well, this week (starting tonight) get ready for them to mock 2000-2007 with I Love the New Millennium.

"Wasssssuuuuup!"

Yeah, that's what'll start it all. Remember those Budwiser commercials? Was it really back in 2000? Yup.

I caught the sneak preview first episode yesterday and had to smile a number of times. Sure, they have some lame bits too, but not every hour can be 100% golden. Think of it like more recent days of Saturday Night Live, of the ninety minutes you really only get about 2/3rds of that as decent material.

The computer graphics that bumper between segments are again cool. Yup, we're now a society dominated by our hand-held devices (video games, cell phones, iPods - heck even the graphics for the show spell it iLove the New Millennium). It's all interactive, baby. And to tie-in, they even have extended video-blog entries on the VH-1.com website for more humorous bits from the commentators. Everyone seems to be back too - Hal Sparks, Michael Ian Black, Godfrey, and Wil Wheaton even. When "Wesley Crusher" can snark at stuff, you know it deserves snarkying. ;)

Check it out!

1 comment:

KC Ryan said...

Actually, I love these shows as well. Can't explain it, but I do.

KC