Friday, April 4, 2008

Comics of the Week (4/2/08)

All-New Atom #22 - part two of the Atom's battle with his own antibodies. While the art picked up the series a bit, I'm still not sold on this new writer yet. I'll give it another six months.

Countdown to Final Crisis #4 - as the cover suggests, Mary Marvel succumbs to the dark side (and Darkseid) once more. We're winding down into the final month of this year long weekly series, so I hope it goes out with a big bang.

Justice League Unlimited #44 - the focus, again, is on a villain - this time the animated universe's Mirror Master. While an okay story, it wasn't as outstanding as usual.


Comic of the week - Action Comics #863! The end of the six part "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes" arc ends on a powerful note. I loved how this storyline worked out, and the teaser final two pages has me excited for August. Johns writing and George Perez doing the art - I am so there! Can't wait for Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds, a five part mini series picking up where this arc ends.

No comments: