Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Comic Books of the Week (6/15/11)

Legion of Super-Heroes #14 - was it just me or did this issue seem a bit rushed? I liked the first few pages, especially the mystry of Professor Li, but the Immortus stuff seemed to go too fast (especially given it was spotlighted on the cover). I liked the LSV pages, but we kept jumping around - it all felt very disjointed.

Teen Titans #96 - on the flip side, this issue seemed very drawn out. Mostly it focused on Beast Boy and Solstice, while Rankor just seemed to stand around. What villain just stands around? I am bored with this plotline yet we still have another issue to go. This is definitely not keeping me interested for the final issues of this run. Bring on Superboy Prime, please.

Flashpoint: Grodd of War - I liked this one-shot. It painted a nice character study of what Grodd would be like if he actually accomplished his goals without opposition. In short, he longs for something more. Will he get it? We'll find out in another of the minis.

Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #1 (of 3) - when I found out Cyborg would be showing up later in this mini, I grabbed this one. Hmmm...a little different. I enjoy Heat Wave usually but this version is just a little too much for me. Oh, and those last pages with Cluemaster and... just ewwwww. Since it is only three issues, I may keep picking it up just to see where it leads.

Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies #1 (of 3) - a key issue to why the Atlanteans and the Amazons are at war. This "flashback" explains what caused a union to go terribly wrong, putting the two forces at odds. The question is why? Hopefully we'll learn more.

No comments: