Sunday, June 26, 2011

Comic Books - Flashpoint week 4 (6/22/11)

Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance #1 (of 3) - this mini is going to give us another view point of the Amazons occupation of London. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning do a good job writing Lois, though I can see how she is not completely the same without Superman/Clark in her life. As the cover hints, I hope we'll see more characters in this mini as well. Enjoyed it.

Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost #1 (of 3) - I'm on the fence on this one. Sterling Gates wrote Bart very well; he showed why this character has such potential. Oliver Nome did a decent job on the artwork. The thing is I just don't feel the urgency of the story. Yes, Bart is trapped in a future that isn't his own. Yes, he is in serious trouble and will need the new Hot Pursuit to help him. But will Bart be a key to helping Barry resolve the whole Flashpoint problem? Not sure at this point. My gut tells me maybe since Bart is one of the people that knows time is screwed up. We'll see.

Flashpoint: Reverse Flash - the cover says 1 of 3, but this was only supposed to be a one-shot. Given "the end" on the last page, I am thinking it is a cover goof. Scott Kolins wrote the issue, but I was surprised the the art was done by Joel Gomez. Scott usually pencils his own stuff. Honestly, this issue did not work for me. It seemed like a Reverse Flash primer for anyone who does not normally read the Flash and thus had to be filled in on what Eobard Thawne has done all these years to Barry. The issue ends with him confronting Barry's Mom but we all know it was the pre-Flashpoint continuity where he did this deed, not Flashpoint. So, what's the point of this issue? I had hoped we'd seem Zoom undoing events that created the Flashpoint continuity. Wasted opportunity.

No comments: