Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Prince

Happy fifty-fourth birthday today (June 7th) to the one and only Prince Rogers Nelson.

Four years ago, I wrote a blog post all about how much I am a fan of Prince's music (click here to read that one...I'll wait). Since that post, his representation in my iTunes library has grown to over 430 songs and over 35 albums. That does seem like quite a lot; it is in fact just a hair under 2% of my whole music library. Still, he is by far the most represented artist in my music collection.


As far as blog posts, I have reviewed a number of his albums to date. Here is a list with links in case you've missed any of them:

- for his fourth album Controversy from 1981, click here

- for his 1982 smash fifth album 1999, click here

- for the soundtrack to 1984's Purple Rain, click here

- for the 1986 soundtrack to his film Under The Cherry Moon, click here

- for his ninth album Sign O' The Times from 1987, click here

- for the soundtrack to 1989's Batman, click here

- for the 1990 soundtrack of his film Graffiti Bridge, click here

- for the soundtrack to 1996's Spike Lee film Girl 6, click here

No comments: