Friday, May 27, 2011

Comic Books of the Week (5/25/11)

Green Arrow #12 - okay, this issue was the actual close out the Brightest Day tie-in on the title. Loved the Prado/Reis cover and Neves art on this issue. Good stuff. The story was okay, given that GA was clearly only helping out the people while the major story ending of BD went on around him. But that is what GA is, really, a hero of the people. Looks like the book will be going back to a more urban feel now that the forest is gone. I'm looking forward to that.

Green Lantern #66 - part 7 of the big "War of the Green Lanterns" arc. I really like how Johns juggles all the players while moving the story along. Krona's true plan is revealed.

Green Lantern Corps #60 - part 8 - John and Kyle's mission to save Mogo goes terribly, tragically wrong. Bedard and Kirkham delivered the goods on this issue - no complaints at all. Nice.

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #10 - part 9 (loved how we got three parts this week - that really helped keep the attention to the story high) - the purging of the Central Battery occurs with some great character bits all around. So glad I decided to pick up the parts in the titles like this one that I don't normally read.

Justice Society of America #51 - Dr. Fate and company venture to save the soul of Lightning, while Jay Garrick fights a different sort of battle (city bureaucracy). While I thought it was a good issue, I am getting a little turned off by this title. I'll hold out a little longer, until the "big changes" come in the Fall. I hear Jerry Ordway might be coming on to do the art (that will help, I think).

No comments: