Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Moment...

In watching the inauguration festivities today, one thing that struck me - and it always does for some reason - is seeing the former Presidents come together at events. It is nice to see them at something more positive than say a funeral for one of their own. I realized that these were, for the most part, the men who led this country for most of my life - the time for which I knew what the President was or did. Carter, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. - all that was missing was the great, late Ronald Reagan. It just struck me as a very important piece to an already historic day. That they can all come together, despite political differences and personal differences, to be present at the inauguration, really says a lot about this country in which we live. Makes me proud to be an American.

No comments: