Thursday, July 26, 2007

CBS Should Walk The Plank

Aaaaargh! First FOX did it with Drive, and now CBS has gone and pulled Pirate Master before its run finished. Yes, they are going to offer the last five episodes on their website, but come on! This was a summer reality show - it isn't supposed to to great in ratings. And, sure, it was Mark Burnett taking his Survivor formula and trying to map it to a buccanneer theme in hopes of cashing in on the Pirates of the Caribbean bandwagon but still. The contestants were okay - a few you'd love, a few you'd hate and a few you'd go "who is that again?". The challenges were a bit repetitive (row the boat, run into the jungle, find this item, run into the jungle again, find that item, run some more and dig) and the rules regarding eviction in Pirates' Court were sometimes confusing (just how does the mutiny work again?) but still. It was a mindless reality show. Do the few fans it had a favor and let it run it's course.

Well, I refuse to waste my time trying to watch it off the website. That should be used only if one missed a show - like if the power was out and the DVR didn't record it. That shouldn't be the only way to catch it. If that's the way CBS wants to play, fine. No more taking risks on new shows on their network for me. I'll stick to my Monday comedies and that's it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin, I can't believe CBS did that--and with only 5 episodes left! I agree, it makes me hesitant about "picking up" a new series, which is why I never watched most of the new stuff last year.

BTW--catchy blog title! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Martin, don't let that anonymous jackass get you down. I've been reading your blog for a little while now and I think it's pretty good.

Interstae Shogun